The track is opened by club members who volunteer. This may mean you! Opening times are from 10am to 4pm on nominated practise days.
The track will be closed on weekdays – including public holidays – Easter Sunday, Mothers/Fathers Day, and the day before or after race meetings.
Check the Hurricane facebook page for up-to-date track opening times before heading up there.
Member of another club? Planning on plenty of practise at Wundowie leading up to King of the Hill, our 2nd Open and the State Titles? Consider whether joining Hurricane as a dual member might be a good financial option for you. (Practise is free for members)
- We need a minimum Grade 4 Official to volunteer to run the practise
For people wishing to get Grade 4 Official status: If you do not have a log in for the Academy please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your request.
- Volunteers need to let us know by 12pm Thursday
- We will notify on Thursday afternoon if the track will be open and the relevant info will be posted on facebook
- The official running the day must now scan in at the track (Posters will be at various locations are the track) and also that you have done a track check.
- As a driver you must also scan in. This replaces the existing booking system. Links for the above will be posted on facebook so you can do this prior to arriving at the track. Please show the confirmation email to the official running practice on the day. You can also sign in at the track if you need to.
- Make sure to scan the QR code upon arrival with Safe WA app, or fill out the register at the track.
- Non-Members practice fee is $30.00 EFTPOS is not available at the track. Bank Details BSB: 066 112 Acc: 1045 8354 Please send a screenshot of your payment through to the club email.
- Seniors, Juniors & Cadets must practise separately.
- KA standard suit, gloves, helmet & footwear must be worn by the driver.
- Karts, motors & drivers must conform to current KA regulations.
- Drivers must only drive karts that their licence permits them to drive in competition.
- Minimum requirement is E-grade licence.
- Proof of licence & membership may be required to be produced at the track.
- No refuelling or chain lube to be used on bitumen areas.
- No smoking, except in designated areas.
Please make sure you are aware of the Practise Supp Regs (click here to view)
The booking form and declaration procedures have been put in place by KA, not the club, and it’s all online now. If you have missed the 6pm cutoff for bookings or the declaration form, please do not call Amy. All she can do is tell you that you have missed the cutoff and won’t be able to practise. The computer says, “No.”
The supervisor of the day has the right to exclude anyone from practising if their behaviour is unacceptable.