The track is opened by club members who volunteer. This may mean you! Opening times are from 10am to 4pm on nominated practise days.
The track will be closed on weekdays – including public holidays – Easter Sunday, Mothers/Fathers Day, and the day before or after race meetings.
Check the Hurricane facebook page for up-to-date track opening times before heading up there.
Member of another club? Planning on plenty of practise at Wundowie leading up to King of the Hill and the Western Cup? Consider whether joining Hurricane as a dual member might be a good financial option for you. (Practise is free for members)
- Seniors, Juniors & Cadets must practise separately.
- KA standard suit, gloves, helmet & footwear must be worn by the driver.
- Karts, motors & drivers must conform to current KA regulations.
- Drivers must only drive karts that their licence permits them to drive in competition.
- Minimum requirement is E-grade licence.
- Practise sign-in sheet must be signed before entering the track.
- New licence holders who have not practised before must undertake KA’s Safety Training Assessment before entering the track. (This must be pre-arranged through the Secretary)
- Non-members practise fee is $30. EFTPOS is not available at the track.
- Proof of licence & membership may be required to be produced at the track.
- No refuelling or chain lube to be used on bitumen areas.
- No smoking, except in designated areas.
The supervisor of the day has the right to exclude anyone from practising if their behaviour is unacceptable.